Lice Treatments and the Immune System
...Poisonous chemicals such as chlorine, disinfectants, heavy metals, herbicides, insecticides, petroleum products, and solvents can enter the body and decrease the functioning capacity of its organs. ...Some chemicals are absorbed through the skin; others may be inhaled or ingested. The body's immune system is threatened by these chemicals, and tries to cleanse itself of the poisons. Damage to internal organs, especially the liver, may occur.
When you read the preceding paragraph, how many of the several chemical types mentioned there do you use regularly in your home? If you're like most families, you probably use most of them on a regular basis. Now add to that "chemical soup" the powerful pesticide you've been using to treat your child's head lice. "The body's immune system is threatened by these chemicals..."
First of all, don't blame yourself. You may have even followed your doctor's advice in using the drug store remedy or even the more toxic prescription medicine to try to kill the lice. Since you can't undo what's already been done, what do you do now to help reverse the effects of these products on your family's health?
We recommend a resource such as the Prescription for Nutritional Healing. This book has a section on "Chemical Poisoning" with dietary guidelines and recommendations for nutritional supplementation.
Because chemicals can be "absorbed through the skin...[and/or] inhaled," both you and your child may benefit by following these recommendations.
Here are some products we have found to be supportive of the immune and nervous systems, the very systems that are threatened by use of the standard drugstore lice shampoos and sprays (this information is not meant to diagnose or prescribe, but is just included for your reference):
For more information on lice solutions call 1-888-759-7256.